Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tenth Annual 416 Graffiti Expo












I took these graf pics last summer at the Tenth Annual 416 Graffiti Expo. If yah don't know, this is a yearly event held in the big parking lot between Spadina and Bathurst on the south side of Queen St, and the back allies just south of Queen.

The 416 Graffiti Expo is a blast every year, and this year was no exception. The graf was stellar, the hip hop was fresh and the bboys and bgirls busted some phat moves for hours in the blazing heat...

This is one of my last sets from '05 to be posted. I put off editing these for a while simply due to the sheer number of photos. When it was all said and done, the graffiti pics alone took up 14 flickr pages! It also took up about a week of my free time spent editing these photos in photoshop. For most of the photos all I did was adjust the levels and added a bit of saturation. I can't even image how long this would have taken if I'd really tried to tweak every foto.

Whatever. It's done now. If you love graf check these pics out cuz some of this graf is just amazing! My personal favorite is the foto where a little girl ran in front of my camera. Her dad must have apologized to me 10x; little did he know she made my day. I think my favorite thing about these expos is how it gives me the ability to take fotos of incomplete graf still being worked on. It gives me much more of an appreciation for how these amazing pieces are created, and the time, effort and skill that goes into them.

...almost time for next yeas Expo!

1 Comments:

Blogger BRIDGE FINANCIAL SERVICES said...

hey there, would you look me up on myspace, my name is zoe, under hot asian i think?

i love the 416 and go every year!!!

whenever you get a moment drop me a line , or email me at zvcoop@gmail.com.

i have a blogger spot as well, but it is such a long name to re type lol.

8/16/2007 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home