Friday, February 17, 2006

Wide Angle @ Eaton Centre




Back in late January I went on my first urban adventure with my new Tiffen Wide Angle 0.75x lens.

I took this opportunity to finally get some pictures of Michael Snow's "Flight Stop".

It was difficult to get well exposed shots without over-exposing the skylights. John recommended using HDR, but that would have required a tripod, lots of time, and actually knowing how to produce HDR images (one day soon I'll learn).

I'm pretty satisfied with my photoshop edits now. I was able to brighten the images without maxing out the high-ends or losing too much detail.

I'll probably go back to the Eaton Centre soon and give it another go with a tripod and my circular polarizer filter. I'm very curious to see if this helps produce a higher dynamic range.

Oh yeah, I also got some fun pictures of the high rise attached to the Eaton Centre, and I really like the picture of the water fountain taken from a level above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home