Friday, March 24, 2006

Don Bridge Queen St E HDR



I guess I've officially jumped on the HDR bandwagon now. If you don't know what HDR is, you basically combine multiple images at different exposures to give you detail in both the bright and dark parts of your photos. It's all pretty complicated, and it's kind of cheating, but it's also the way of the future. Maybe I'll write more about it later. I used a program called Photomatix, but there are lots of great HDR tools out there, including built in support in Photoshop CS2.

It was about -30C the day I took these photos, and extremely windy. I literally almost got frost bite. It took 20 minutes in my car with the heat on high and my hands in front of the vents before I could drive home. Well worth it in the long run, but damn that was painful. Gotta suffer for the art, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home