Friday, December 09, 2005

Final Fantasy Video Release Party @ The Boat







There’s nothing better than talented bands in a small venue, which is why I got my ass down to The boat early for this show. I arrive at 9pm when the doors were supposed to open. At 10:30pm they started letting people in and the line was huge! If you weren’t already in line by 10pm, you probably didn’t get in....

And that makes you a sucker because this was an awesome night! Things started off with Henri Faberge and the Adorables. I don’t know what to say about these guys. They were much more entertaining than they were talented. Fun, just not great music.

Then came the singer-songwriter Laura Barrett. She has an amazing voice, but was a little too quite for the drunks in the back. A fierce battle between the shuuuushers and the talkers broke out. I’m surprised it didn’t come to blows.

After Laura finished her half hour set, we were finally treated to our sneak peak at the new and first ever Final Fantasy video. I wish I could tell you it was amazing, but to be honest, I was disappointed. I know he doesn’t have a major label giving him millions of dollars, but this looked like something that was produced on a film student budget. Beyond that, they completely ignored the wonderful lyrics and message of “This is the Dream of Win & Regine”. Despite that, there was some sort of appeal to the escapism of the video... and of course the unicorn ponies.

Final Fantasy put on a great show complete with a Block Party cover of “This Modern Love” and a guest appearance by Gentleman Reg. Stellar as always!

After Final Fantasy came the real treat of the night, Ninja High School! I know these guys from Manhunt, and knew they had some band, but come on, everyone is this city is in a frick’n band. I was more that a little shocked when they took the stage. Instantly the vibe in the room went from tired and drunk, to bouncing off the mother fuck’n walls. The vocals had energy, the tunes were catchy and the band was moshing with the crowd! Only fitting that they told the crowd “You're going home in a fucking ambulance!”. Off the mother fuck’n hook. Without a doubt, my new favorite positive hardcore dance-rap band.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fotograf.416 said...

about 2 feet to your right ;)

see you at final fantasy in january!

12/20/2005 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home