Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Sky Is Angry


DSC_0050_edit
Originally uploaded by fotograf.416.
A violent storm rolled through Toronto last night... The High Park areas lost power for 9 hours. My first act upon the return of the sweet AC was to upload this photo... which also happens to be my first photo posted with my band spank'n new Nikon D200 + Sigma 10-20mm.

My Account of the Storm, as posted on BlogTO:

"I was nearly hit by lighting last night as the bolt struck less than 100m from where I stood. There was a flash, a fierce crack, a tingling in my feet and then a weird rubber band noise as the electrical grid went down, all in less than a second. The speed at which the storm overtook the area was astounding. Less than 5 minutes before the lighting and violent gusts of wind, I was playing tennis under a clear sky.

The power was out in the High Park / Roncesvalles area for over 8 hours, and my nerves were shaken for at least that long. If you have a good storm story, please share."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home