Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Goin' Steady @ Footwork





Last Saturday was everyone's favorite 50s party, Goin' Steady! Unfortunately, the venue changed from The Boat which we all love, to Footwork which we all hate(d). It just feels weird having a 50s party in a techno club. Sure the sound was great, the video screen was cool and they did decorate the place quite festively, but all those things just make the whole experience a little too refined for my liking. I like the grungy ghettoness of the boat!

My suggestion to the Goin' Steady people is to make up with The Boat. We know you two can get along. My second suggestions is, for god sakes, start selling advance tickets if you are selling out and over crowding The Boat.

All bitching aside, from a photographic stand point, Footwork did have some cool lights that I used to my advantage. Check out the jesusesque shots in my Goin' Steady flickr set.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. I run the Goin' Steady party with my two friends. We didnt have a falling out with the boat. we just moved because of space issues. your feedback is welcomed! footwork was a one-off and stay tuned for the announcment of the next party.

1/05/2006 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home